Franco-German Summer School 2013 for Junior scientists
Smart Mobility 2020
21. – 27.7.2013
© Chiemsee Alpenland / Florian Werner
BMW R&D, EURECOM and the Technische Universität München (TUM) organise with the support of the Bayerisch-Französische Hochschulzentrum (BFHZ) and the Bureau de Coopération Universitaire de Munich (BCU), this Franco-German Summer School for M.A. students and junior scientists. The summer school 2013 will take place on the Isle of Frauenchiemsee from 21 to 27 July 2013.
Traffic Telematics has attracted a large attention from both industry and academics over the past five years with the objective to bring revolutionary changes in the drivers' experience by the use of Information Communication Technologies (ICT) on board of vehicles. With the European Commission's directive for the finalization of the standardization process in 2013 and an expected roll-out of Day One applications in 2015, it is time to look back at what has been reached and discuss the expected deep changes the industry will face, as well as new opportunities and research challenges that that will arise with the appearance of a "Fully Connected Vehicle" on the road.
The objective of this Summer School is to bring to a seclude location in the beautiful Chiemsee in Bavaria leading experts in Traffic Telematics from both the Industry and academics, and well as MA students and junior scientists, and jointly discuss key challenges ahead of us with the expected societal, economic and technological changes impacting the industry in horizon 2020 and beyond.
The Summer School will address four key challenges selected by the Car Industry as key innovation in horizon 2020 and beyond, and will represent each day's Key Focus during the week:
- ICT for sustainable mobility
- Vehicular cloud computing and big data analysis
- Vehicular urban detection in smart cities
- Mobility - Combined transportation
The Summer School will address these challenges around three major themes:
- Car-2-Grid - Evolution of automotive OEM as electricity provider
- Car-Sharing Evolution of automotive OEM as service- and infrastructure
- providero Car-2-Cloud - Evolution of automotive OEM as storage and data provider
- Impact of ITS on economics and society
- Impact of ITS on vulnerable road users
- Socioeconomic trends and evolving user requirements
Security and Privacy
- Available Security and Privacy mechanisms
- Impact of Security on Communication and Infrastructure
- Techno-Societal impact of Privacy from Connected Drive